News, Events, & Classes
Welcome! I Hope you are staying creative and enjoying life! My music door is always open! Thanks for communicating!
* Sign Up For Music Lessons With Mike Michel at Macphail Center For Music (Thurs & Sat) or Lake Harriet House Of Music (Mon-Wed) ! My modern and nurturing music coaching method is best fitted for students 11 & up. Helping musicians cultivate their own unique voice on their guitar or bass is critical to me. I'll demystify traditional music concepts by integrating your modern music world. COOL LESSON PERKS include songwriting tips, music business tips & music history notes to make your music lessons one of a kind! All levels are welcome. Contact Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org or MacPhail http://macphail.org/ or The Lake Harriet House Of Music in South Minneapolis http://www.lhhouseofmusic.com/
* PEACE DEN- My new on-going acoustic music group program for emerging & re-emerging adult musicians takes place at MacPhail Center For Music every Thursday evening 7pm-8pm. I have two classes starting February 4th & April 7th! Come sing & Strum songs from the decade of change 1965-75. The music of The Laurel Canyon Scene, The San Francisco scene, The Greenwich Village scene, & The Brit rock/pop scene of London are still important as today as they were then. Come get empowered and express yourself through artists like Joni Mitchell, Janis Joplin, CSN, Neil Young, The Beatles, Eric Clapton,Bob Dylan & The Grateful Dead. We'll discuss music history too! All instruments & levels are welcome! We celebrate our semester long music experience with a cool gig right in MacPhail's beautiful supersonic atrium/performance hall downtown Minneapolis. Ages 21& up. For information & registration click here http://www.macphail.org/for-adults/groups-and-ensembles/
* After many years, I'm finally getting back to my other passion, writing & singing groovy songs! I just signed a heartfelt deal with Think Piece Publishing to release my new music campaign " On The Mend" which is dedicated to raising awareness for tinnitus/hyperacusis and mental health. It will be a celebratory recording for sure. My Go Fund starts in April 2016 & The record will be released via Think Piece fall 2016! http://www.thinkpiecepublishing.com/mike-michel/think-piece-signs-mike-michel-for-on-the-mend/
* Thanks to music educator Chris Thompson & MacPhail Partnerships, I'm having a blast assisting in the music students at Main Street School Of Performing Arts in Hopkins, MN
* All of my original recordings are available to download on ITunes! Search....MIKE MICHEL The Bill Mike Band or Saltee! You'll dig em all! Please support independent artists by downloading!
* NEED SOME MUSIC INSPIRATION? Join RRTR's Facebook page to refuel your music spirit with unique music news, happenings, & music pointers from Mike Michel https://www.facebook.com/therockandrolltherapyroom
My intentions as a songwriter, creative guitarist, music educator, and sound therapist are to create memorable melodies, thoughtful lyrics, global rhythms, and organic sounds that empower and inspire audiences. I firmly believe good music helps individuals cultivate their own original voice from within. Performances and recordings are about providing a safe space where listeners can refuel and reimagine their lives in the direction they truly want them to go. Science proves that sound vibrations permeate cellular structure and help heal the human mind, body & spirit; it is my job to create songs that facilitate this process. I approach my craft and use my senses by skirting on the mainstream while maintaining integrity and connection to the progressive underground . I also believe music is a global connector that brings awareness to the many environmental challenges we face today. Raising the collective conscious is my duty as an artist and educator and to do this effectively one has to create and teach with passion and an all inclusive mind set.
EMPOWER IGNITE CREATE....Mike Michel